Wednesday, February 29, 2012

OK so I kind of lied?..

It wasn't posted within the hour...But it took me awhile to think of what should happen...it's finished and it will be posted in this post...but...just apologizing for taking over an hour.

Chapter...3


When I woke up the sun was just rising. I estimated it was about quarter to six. I look out the window of my new room and the sky is beautiful. It’s a mixture of pink, orange, and red.  I sit up in my bed and rub the sleep out of my eyes. I pull back my flowered green covers and get up. I walk over to my dresser to look for clothes then realize it’s empty. All my clothes were burned. I look at the clothes that I am wearing. They are burned in places and the part on my stomach was burned off but it will do till after I visit Kaitlyn. I walk over to the huge window in my new bedroom and look out in awe. The land surrounding the castle is beautifully decorated with topiaries in shapes of various animals, and they complement the surrounding area. I look a little to my left and see a fire pit with a few logs surrounding it in a circle. I remember mom telling me stories about how grandma and grandpa had the best campfires. Grandpa was fire and he could make the flames go into various shapes while telling ghost stories.
I turn around and open the dark brown wooden door with jet-black hinges that squeaked when moving the door. I ran down various ramps to the second floor  and walked out the door. Outside on the second floor to the left there was the arena, and if you walk around it and up a short ramp you come to the stables where Hubert was held.
“Good morning Hubert!” I said with excitement. He made this weird grunt sound then went over to his food dish and nudged it with his beak. Suddenly understanding the predicament I quickly replied to the grunt, “On the way to the Infirmary we will stop in the shopping district and stop in at the pet shop and see what the vendors have to feed you.” He then leaned down so he was low enough for me to hop on and he began to run down the ramp and spread his wings and took flight. In only a few minutes WizardCity came into sight. We soared over the bazaar in Olde Town and over the small wall separating it from the Shopping District then we started to land and we landed right next to the circular fountain with water shooting everywhere. I jumped off Hubert and patted him.
“Stay here I will be back in a few minutes.” I said. He replied with a reassuring grunt. I then walked along the storefronts along the tan-gray sidewalk stone until I found the store I was looking for. I walked into a light wood door with a window in the middle. The sign has just been changed to open and the store is practically empty except for a few pets and the shop vendor. I turn the handle and push the heavy door forward till it was open enough for me to slip in. the dim lights set an almost ominous glow in the shop. I walked over to the hip tall counter to a shopkeeper with long chocolate brown hair pulled back in a ponytail. He had big round brown eyes the color of his hair, and very pale skin. “Excuse me sir.” I said while brushing hair out of my face.
He looked up unamused and said while rolling his eyes, “What would you like ma’am?” 
“I was wondering do you have any food I could feed a Raven.” I said with a blank stare on my face. He rolled his eyes and turned to his left and picked up a giant blue bag with a stunning black raven on it. He lifted it on to the counter and dropped it with a thud.
 I placed 250 gold pieces on the counter, “Thanks!” I said while attempting to pick up the giant bag. Half falling half walking out the door I called Hubert over and he saw me struggling. He hurried over and picked the bag up with his beak. I jumped on his back and we flew back over Olde Towne and then we landed on the island. I flicked my wrist and a bowl appeared I poured some food in the bowl and Hubert’s eyes grew two sizes bigger and he dove for the bowl. I quickly jumped out of the way but he accidently knocked me over with his wing. 
“Hubert calm down. This isn’t the last time your gonna eat!” I said giggling. He locked up and made his head slant up, signaling he was confused. I patted his side and went over to the portal door a few feet away from where we landed.
“Hubert, I am gonna walk to the Infirmary, When your done meet me outside. Don’t eat too much!” I said using the key to Wizard City and reluctantly walked through the door.  Look at me. I am talking to Ravens. What is wrong with me? As I walked through the other end I was in the decorated green inside of Bartleby, the grandfather tree. I ran straight forward out a little door leading to Ravenwood. I keep walking straight till I get to the commons. I turn to my left and start walking to the entrance to Unicorn Way. I go over Rainbow Bridge and bare left and go through the tunnel. I walk; make a few turns and I am outside the large white building that is the infirmary.
I walk through the doors and I hear tons of beeping and I look around. Everyone, doctors, nurses, volunteers all run to a bed to my left. I look closer and start counting beds and I realize, It’s Kaitlyn’s bed. I run over to where all the people were and I see Kaitlyn lying there, motionless. Her skin was a sickly green and grey color. Her eyes were closed lightly like she just laid down for a nap. I scream her name, but she doesn’t respond. I try calling her name, again, and again. No response. Tears start to pour down my face. Kaitlyn was the last person I have left. I lost my parents; I can’t lose Kaitlyn to.
I start crying so hard my entire face is wet. A doctor sees me and grabs my arm and walks me gently over to some chairs.
“Are you alright Miss?” He asks me. He was an older guy, with kind olive green eyes that remind me of my fathers. I respond by shaking my head no and then pull my legs up on the chair and put my head down in the space that was in between my thin body and my legs. Tears continued to pour down my face..
“What’s wrong?” the man asked.
“That girl over there,” I point to Kaitlyn and continue, “Is my sister. She is my only family left. My parents, they died in that fire in FireCat Ally. We only had each other, and now, she may not even make it. “  I looked up and my hair was in my face blocking my vision. I took my petite hand and brushed the auburn locks out of my face. The man looked at me with concern and he gave me a reassuring pat on my shoulder before getting up and going back over by Kaitlyn. I look over and start to cry even more.  I can’t be here anymore. I look over at Kaitlyn. People are still over crowding her.
I can’t take losing another family member. I-I can’t watch it happen either. I wipe my eyes and stand up. I just start to run. I don’t know where I’m going. I just. Run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment