Monday, January 2, 2012

Prologue! (Hope you like it!)

           The smoke and ash were overwhelming. As I choked and coughed, gasping for every breathe to stay awake. A mixture or dark oranges and reds before everything turned black. That’s the last thing I can remember. After a seemingly endless darkness I wake up in a room with tan walls and a white ceiling. I lay in what used to be a white bed but you couldn’t tell now, for it is stained with black and red. Coming back to full consciousness about a dozen people run over to my bed. I must be in the infirmary. These are my nurses. At least ten nurses filed out and I was left with one fluffing pillow I managed to speak. 
          “W-what happened?” I said confused.
          
         “You don’t remember?” she said sounding over tired and a little annoyed.


          I shook my head no. She rolled her eyes and sat in a chair next to the bed. 


          “A huge fire. It broke out in Fire Cat ally. It burned down most of the houses. No one knows what started it but it was huge. Your one of the few survivors. Your lucky your lungs were filled with soot.”
           I sighed with relief then realized. What about my family.


           I spoke loudly trying not to scream, “Who else survived? Did my family? My mom? Sister? Dad?” She put a finger to her mouth to signal to be quiet.
        “I don’t know yet. They are still recovering survivors. Go to sleep you need your rest.” I nodded and she walked out.
         What happened last night? Why can’t I remember? I searing pain rushed to my head. I lifted my hand to my head and it touched a gash. It ran from about my hairline to my eyebrow.  I decided the nurse was right I should probably get some sleep. I lay down and slowly drifted off. A fire. I stood there not being able to move as Fire Cat ally burned down in flames. All you can hear is the screams of people trying to leave. I try to run but I cant. Houses collapsed. People were crushed. I saw a few people running around on fire. I close my eyes just as a tear runs down my face. This was no ordinary fire. This was the work of way more then one Pyromancer. You can tell. I opened my eyes again and the scene was even more horrid. Undead starting filling the streets from the dark cave that connected Fire Cat ally to Cyclops Lane. Why is this happening?
I saw something black in the sky. It flew high above the clouds before disappearing. Looking around the undead were starting to kill civilians.  Pale ghosts, skeletons with armor. I reach for my wand to try to help but it is missing. Before I know it seven or 8 of the undead were attacking me. I tried to scream but the words wouldn’t escape my mouth. My eyes grew wider before I fell to the ground. I awoke with the start. I looked around and I was back in the Infirmary.  I lay against the bed trying to catch my breath. I have never seen so many people in the infirmary at once. Something bad must have happened. I hope my family is ok. I looked around to see dozens of nurses and doctors caring for patients. Some people looked like they were beyond fixing. Missing legs here, missing arms there. One in particular stood out to me. My neighbor, Mr. Swifthorn. He is one of my best friends dads but he lived in Triton Avenue. What is he doing here? I took a closer look and it looks like half his face was burned off.
                     Several nurses were cleaning off his wound. It was disgusting yet interesting at the same time. I wanted to get up to see if he was ok, and also to get a closer look. But my legs wouldn’t let me. It felt like my nightmare but this time I wasn’t getting attacked by undead, or watching people die right in front of me. All I could do was hope that horrific scene wasn’t true. If it was, I feel like WizardCity isn’t going to be safe for much longer. The things that created that fire will be back. And if we aren’t ready, we will all die. We cannot let that happen. We just can’t.

2 comments:

  1. You did it perfectly well. Just check it again, because instead of the word 'breathe,' use 'breath.' Also, when you meant to put it as 'a mixture OF colors...' you put 'mixture OR colors.' By the way, when you go to another paragraph, is it normal for such a large gap to be there between paragraphs? Otherwise, its PERFECT! Your a marvelous writer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thx mary and i think thats normal cause i can't fix it ;)

    ReplyDelete